Military Match Information
Unaka Rod & Gun Club - Military Match 2019-2020
We have shooting divisions for the following in our 2018-2019 season:
Military Rifles (as-issued bolt action) 100 Yards shot from bench
Military Rifles (as-issued semi-automatic) 100 Yards shot from bench
Military Rifles (modified open class) 100 Yards shot from bench
Military Rifles (any) 200 Yards shot from bench
Military Trainer Rifle .22lr cal 100 Yards shot from bench
Civilian Rifle .22lr cal (any make/model) 50 Yards shot offhand standing
Military Pistol (as-issued condition) 25 Yards shot standing two hand
Centerfire Pistol (open class) 25 Yards shot standing two hand
Centerfire Pistol (any make/model - revolver and semi-auto class) 15 Yards shot standing one hand
Rimfire Pistol (any make/model - revolver and semi-auto class) 15 Yards shot standing one hand
Rimfire Rifle Tactical - Light Class (Under 8.5# total weight) 100 Yards shot from bench or prone
Rimfire Rifle Tactical - Heavy Class (Over 8.5# total weight) 100 Yards shot from bench or prone
NEW DIVISIONS FOR 2017-2018
Sniper Class (Any Make/Model Bolt Action Rifle With Scope) 200 Yards shot from bench
Carbine Rifle With Red Dot Type Optics 50 Yards shot from bench
Military Rifle With Red Dot Type Optics 100 Yards shot from bench
Military Rifle With Scope 100 Yards shot from bench
Course Of Fire:
Most divisions are 10 rounds shot on a single target for record in each division. A possible total score of 100 with 10 shots.
Rimfire tactical division - 10 Rounds on scoring ring target with optional 5 extra rounds shot on a modified "Know Your Limits" target.
Shooting position varies by division.
Bench position shoots from front rest or sand bags with rear bags allowed.
NO SIGHTER SHOTS ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT IN THE RIMFIRE TACTICAL DIVISION!
A single firearm may be shot in multiple divisions (or shared by multiple shooters), however, a 15 minute minimum cooling period must be used between strings of fire (target change or shooter change) to help maintain the cold bore shot. Please adhere to this rule!
Pistol divisions are shot standing. You MAY NOT lean or prop yourself against bench or table.
- Cost to participate is $5.00. First time entry to shoot in the military match will be free of charge. Police officers shoot free of charge.
- The appropriate paper targets as well as target stands are provided to match entrants.
- Awards are given by taking the aggregate of 5 highest match division score totals for the season. (8 matches are available to shoot)
- Awards will only be given for a division if there are a minimum of 3 participants who shoot a minimum of 5 matches each.
- Match Scores can be viewed as posted on the unakarodandgun.com website.
- Match Dates & Times for the 2017-2018 Season: Matches are typically held on the first Saturday of the month.
September 2019 match will be held later in the month due to the Labor Day Holiday Weekend.
- We begin scored live fire at 9:00am. You should arrive early to set-up your equipment. Match schedule subject to change. If I have your email address, I will email updates and changes to you.
NO MATCHES ARE SCHEDULED DECEMBER 2019- MARCH 2020
04-04-20 April POSTPONED DUE TO NATIONAL HEALTHCARE CONCERNS
09-12-20 September *Rescheduled Due To The Labor Day Holiday
If you have any questions or comments concerning the military shoot, please email the match director at - firstname.lastname@example.org