Shotgun Fields - Rules Overview
1. The shotgun fields are open for use on Thursday night 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday10:30 am - 3:00 pm and Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. The Range Safety Officer may close the shotgun fields an hour early if no shooters are present so please arrive early to shoot. Inclement weather may effect hours of operation.
2. When arriving at the shotgun facility, all shooters must first sign into the log book (located at the clubhouse). Enter the appropriate information (name, gate card number, time of arrival and signature) into the log book. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask the on-duty Range Safety Officer.
3. Maximum shot size for trap and skeet is 7 1/2 and for patterning purposes number 2 lead shot or number 1 steel shot.
4. Shotguns are to remain unloaded with actions opened except when on the firing line.
5. It is the shooters responsibility of shooters to keep barrels pointed in a safe down range direction.
6. There is to be no shooting of glass, cans or any other objects on the shotgun fields.
7. Shooters are to be responsible for the collection and disposal of their empty hulls and boxes from the fields.
8. No rifles or pistols are to be shot on the shotgun fields.
9. Hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times during live fire.
10. After you have finished your shooting session, return to the clubhouse and enter your session information into the logbook (number of rounds that you shot of skeet/trap along with departure time). You will then need to pay the Range Safety Officer the fee amount for your session.